Customer Service

Experiencing a waterline break or a sewer line clog can be a stressful experience, especially if you're not sure who to call. The Center Water Department is here to assist you; we can be reached at 936/598-5241 from Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm. After normal business hours, on weekends or holidays, citizens may call the police/dispatch at 936/598-2788 to report a water/sewer problem. The Police Department will contact the Public Works on-call personnel who will respond to assist you.

A waterline located within the City right-of-way, up to and including the water meter is the responsibility of the City for repair. Any water break from the hand valve (including the valve) located on the service side (house side) of the meter to the house will be the responsibility of the property owner.

The City cannot repair a break or clog if it is on the homeowner's side. If the problem is on the City's side, the City will make the necessary repairs. Please remember that the City will not reimburse you for cost, if you call a plumber or other repair service and it is later determined to be on the City's side. If you are not sure if the break or clog is on your side or City's side, always call the City first before calling a repair service, so the determination can be made.

The Water Department is responsible for maintaining all water mains, fire hydrants, sewer mains and lift stations within the City as well as the maintenance and upkeep of ground storage and elevated water storage tanks. The division routinely flushes all city fire hydrants to maintain water quality. To report problems please call the Water Department or fill out the online form.

© City of Center  |  City Hall 617 Tenaha Street Center, TX 75935-3552  |  Phone: (936) 598-2941